Sound applet resets the user interface theme

Ionut Iordache ionut at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 1 01:36:52 CET 2005

Greetings,

I have a very strange problem involving the XFCE4
Sound applet (from the xfce settings manager) and the
ALSA sound subsystem on my Gentoo distribution (I run
xfce 4.2.0) :
After I configured the sound-card with ALSA, the Sound
applet fails to load but it resets the theme and some
times even kills the panel! After I re-run the panel,
or some other application, the theme goes back to my
usual setting, but this behavior is really annoying :(
…. Before configuring the soundcard and adding alsa as
a boot service, I was able to open the sound applet
with no problem.
Does anyone have any idea what might go wrong ?
Thanks!
	Dorel