problem between xfwm4 and keymap

Yves-Alexis Perez corsac at corsac.net
Thu Dec 29 16:57:10 CET 2005

Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
>
>>Maybe the problem is in the keymap, but I don't know how to fix this..
>

> What does "xmodmap" returns?

xmodmap:  up to 2 keys per modifier, (keycodes in parentheses):

shift       Shift_L (0x32),  Shift_R (0x3e)
lock        Caps_Lock (0x42)
control     Control_L (0x25)
mod1        Meta_L (0x73),  Meta_R (0x74)
mod2        F6 (0x48)
mod3        Mode_switch (0x40)
mod4        Super_L (0x6d)
mod5

I've got this even when doing the trick i uses to keep running xfwm4.
(i'm using a wrong keymap in xorg.conf (fr_ for example), it takes some
keymap i don't know, then I do a setxkbmap fr in a script in
Deskop/Autostart. Using this way, it works but i've got some other
problems (wrong assignment for some keys etc..)

--
Yves-Alexis Perez