Terminal really supports UTF-8?

Lee Marks leemarks at netspace.net.au
Thu Dec 29 07:15:24 CET 2005

The manual says Terminal "implements an UTF-8 mode" which I presume
means that UTF-8 is on by default?

However I've had no luck getting it to work so far - only normal
ascii characters get displayed properly, the rest are jibberish, but
the kind of jibberish you'd expect from an app that is just
interpreting the text stream as plain ascii.
  [Plus I'm using a unicode font that has all the glyphs I need (ie.
I'm not seeing boxes) so it definitely isn't a font issue.]

Would anybody know how to get utf-8 working in Terminal? [Or at least
confirm that this isn't supported!]

Thanks, Lee.