xfce4-terminal: set --disable-server in terminalrc

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Wed Dec 28 14:23:14 CET 2005

Paulo Marcel Coelho Aragao wrote:
>>>This won't work because I start xfce4-terminal from the panel, so no shell
>>>startup files are read.
>
>>You could start xfce4-terminal --disable-server from the panel.
>
> Yes, I know that, I've done that. But then we come full circle back to my
> original question: I'd like to be able to set --disable-server at terminalrc,
> so that I don't have to do it at every single invocation of xfce4-terminal. It
> seems reasonable to ask that, or not ?
>
> I'd like to post this as a feature request: could you tell me where I should
> do it ?

bugzilla.xfce.org, product Terminal.

But its unlikely that this will be added for various (internal) reasons.
If you cannot run the D-BUS desktop session (for whatever reason), just
create a simple script (xfce4-term.sh or whatever):

#!/bin/sh
exec xfce4-terminal --disable-server $@

and use it instead of "xfce4-terminal".

> Thanks for not having given up on this thread
> Paulo

HTH,
Benedikt