xfce4-terminal: set --disable-server in terminalrc

Paulo Marcel Coelho Aragao marcelpaulo+l at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 10:48:26 CET 2005

Benedikt Meurer wrote on Dec, 28:

[...]

> > While we're on the topic, I confess I'm not quite sure of pros/cons of using
> > --disable-server. Could you comment on that ?

> Well, pretty easy (I was already wondering why you need --disable-server):

Actually I thought of using it to get rid of these messages that are output
when I start xfce4-terminal:

Unable to register terminal service: D-BUS error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Failed: Unable to determine the address of the message bus

I read that this message bus was an Xfce service that could be started, and
--disable-server would tell xfce4-terminal not to look for it. Something
functionally similar to KDE's DCOP. Is my assumption correct ?

> PRO: Eases testing/debugging.
> CONS: Consumes more memory/cpu.

Thanks again for answering
Paulo