Locking the screen

Scott Jones scottj.org at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 23:26:39 CET 2005

On Friday 23 December 2005 12:10, Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:

> I've been looking for a way to lock my screen subject to my user's
> password, so that I could leave the screen with the applications and
> documents open while I left the office for a bit.  Is there such a way?
> When I check "save sessions for future logins" and then log out, when I
> log back in I find all the applications have been exited.

If you have xscreensaver installed, ctl-alt-del or the lock icon on the panel
will lock your desktop.  If you don't have xscreensaver installed, but do
have xlock (in the xlockmore package, if you are still using SuSE), it will
use that, instead.  Either one can be installed via YaST.  (NB: xscreensaver
will automatically lock your desktop for you after a period of inactivity,
but xlock will not.)

--
Homepage                        http://scottj.org
XFce desktop environment        http://www.xfce.org