xfterm4 bug?

Paul Tansom paul at aptanet.com
Mon Dec 12 18:30:51 CET 2005

** Net Llama! <netllama at linux-sxs.org> [2005-12-12 16:54]:
> On Mon, 12 Dec 2005, Paul Tansom wrote:
> > I've recently started using xfterm4 instead of just xterm and seem to
> > have a slight bug in the settings. I'm not entirely sure whether it is
> > application specific though.
>
> xfterm4 = xterm
>
> So unless you've set something specific to change that, whatever issue
> you're experiencing is an xterm issue.  At any rate, there is no xfterm4
> binary, just a shell script.
** end quote [Net Llama!]

True it is a script, but it is doing more than just starting xterm. I
have no problems with a raw xterm. The xfterm4 script adds tab
capabilities and a menu with configuration options amongst other things,
so something in there is causing the issue. I've not had the chance to
investigate and just wondered whether anyone else had seen the problem.
This is not an xterm issue since the same command line with xterm
instead of xfterm4 works fine.

--
Paul Tansom | Aptanet Ltd. | http://www.aptanet.com