Not showing things in the taskbar

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 05:20:51 CET 2005

On 12/10/05, houghi <houghi at houghi.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 10, 2005 at 10:41:29AM +0100, Gina Haeussge wrote:
> > Glad I could help. I started to look into writing a small documentation
> > of the format of the configurationfiles, including examples, as the
> > developer of the tool still doesn't have packaged something like this
> > with the latest release but instead still advices to take a look at the
> > source. It will be located at http://wiki.foosel.net/linux/devilspie.
> > Might also be of help some day.
>

> Thanks again. I would just move the examples to the top and add some more
> examples, especially more combined ones.
> Like pin it, lower it, skip the pager and tasklist and also fix its place.
> Go completely over the top so peaople can see what it COULD do and remove
> what they not need.
>
> This package should be a fixed part of xfce.

It's not an Xfce package at all, so that seems a little odd. It's
completely third party

 A GUI interface in the
> settings or if you click right on the bar at top of a window would be
> great.

You are welcome to use the Xfce libraries and build such an interface.

Also a ricgt click on a program in the taskbar could get you to such
> a configuration.
>
> houghi
> --
> "The voters have spoken, the bastards ..."

Erik

"If Beethoven had been killed in a plane crash at the age of 22, it
would have changed the history of music... and of aviation."