Xfce in the news

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Wed Dec 7 02:09:15 CET 2005

On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 12:58:35AM +0100, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> If you select a list of wallpapers in xfdesktop properties, it'll be
> random when you reload xfesktop.
>
> See:
> http://www.loculus.nl/xfce/documentation/docs-4.2/xfdesktop.html#xfdesktop-background

Looks good when I run it from a terminal. I pu the following in crontab:

1-59/2  *       * * *   export DISPLAY=0:0; /usr/bin/xfdesktop -reload
1-59/2  *       * * *   export DISPLAY=0:1; /usr/bin/xfdesktop -reload

I get an error on the second one:
(xfdesktop:20837): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

That although it works. I will still have to see in the long run if this
realy does the word 'random' any good. The list is 24000+ long and with
others I noticed that it was not really random. It picked some pictures
much more then others and some it did not at all. Probably because the
list was too long. :-)

Thanks again.

houghi
--
If you live in a country run by committee, be on the committee.
		-- Graham Summer