keyboard skipping keys

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Mon Dec 5 18:28:22 CET 2005

Thomas Imbreckx wrote:
> Hello all, thank you for your answers.
> I tried with openbox in xfce and even without window manager and the
> problem is still there.

Of course, the window manager has nothing to do with the keyboard driver.

> I'm not using a usb keyboard, this is my built in laptop keyboard.
> I'm planning on installing the latest release from xfce.org

Try this, remove the keyboard MCS plugin:

mv /usr/lib/xfce4/mcs-plugins/keyboard_plugin.so
/usr/lib/xfce4/mcs-plugins/keyboard_plugin.so.old

then log out completely form xfce and log on again. You're problem
should go away.

Cheers,
Olivier.