xinerama and changing desktops independently

Kamil Trojan kamil.trojan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 18:14:17 CEST 2005

Hi,

i'm using xfce 4.2.1 with xinerama support. I'm just wondering if
it is possible to change desktops independently? i.e. when I change
desktop on first monitor I wouldn't like to
have desktop changed on the other monitor.

Currently when I change desktop on the first monitor the second monitor
is changing desktop as well.

Is it possible to tune this behavior?
or maybe is it a xinerama issue and not connected with xfce?

and one more question or rather a feature request. Is it possible to
show the name (or number) of the desktop you've just changed for? like
a small number/name in e.g. right top corner (osd-like ?) or similar
stuff. It would be quite useful.

Kamil