xfce 4.2 unstable?

Corsac corsac at corsac.net
Tue Apr 19 09:02:59 CEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 08:55 +0200, Linux Master Jedi wrote:
> Hello
>
> Yeah, i did that yesterday for another reason, my ram looks ok.
> About Xfce4-panel crash, it crash even i don't have any plugin loaded.
> And sometimes, when i loose the right click, i decide the include the "Xfce menu" to the
> "xfce4-panel" : that's directly crash it too. Few seconds later, .cache and .config removed, it
> works fine..
>
> I'm open to help developers, just tell me what infos to provide and i will send them back. Or
> better, i know the main developer live closed to me, near Toulouse (France), i can meet him ;)

What distro are you running ?
I've some problems with xfce4-panel at the moment.
I'm on debian sid with os-works packages and when I have xfce4-session,
gtk2-engines-smooth and xfce4-panel, xfce4-panel keeps segfaulting
inside libsmooth.so functions. (dont have the backtrace here).

If I remove gtk2-engines-smooth or xfce4-session, it works fine... (I
dont understand the role of xfce4-session because the segfault occurs in
libsmooth.
If I start with a fresh config for panel, it segfaults when I try to add
a new plugin.

Have you tried to run xfce4-panel in gdb and see the backtrace ?
--
Corsac
http://www.corsac.net