Session saver

Kristy Christie kristy at isp7.net
Mon Apr 18 03:06:01 CEST 2005

Okay, I solved my session problem by directly editing the
"/home/kristy/.config/xfce4-session/xfce4-session.rc" file
and saying:

    [Splash Screen]
    Engine=simple

    [General]
    AutoSave=false
    PromptOnLogout=true
    DisableTcp=true
    SessionName=Default
    SaveOnExit=false
    Shutdown=%wheel
    Client0_Command=firefox
    Client0_PerScreen=true
    Client1_Command=thunderbird
    Client1_PerScreen=true

    [Compatibility]
    LaunchGnome=true
    LaunchKDE=false

    [Chooser]
    AlwaysDisplay=false

Also, I _had_ to create the symlinks to both firefox & thunderbird
within my /home/kristy/Desktop/Autostart
folder.

Now, when I log into XFCE, the right apps start up in the right virtual
desktops i.e. firefox in the first,
thunderbird on the second etc (as for gaim & skype, I just added the
symlinks to the Autostart folder as
it didn't matter which virtual desktop was used)

Hope it helps someone :)

~Kristy