Upgrading

joe_schmoe geek_show at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Apr 12 21:05:33 CEST 2005

Hi all
Well I installed Xfce4.2 and when I logged back in, the system was
kaput!! Basically, I had some functionality out of my existing panel,
right and left mouse clicks didn't work and the settings yielded only
four options. I am sure there is some kind of workaround, but as I have
other priorities right now, I'll have to try it another time.
Interestingly enough I had to uninstall and then reinstall the original
Xfce4.0.* in order to get back into my system.

How did you guys manage the migration from one version to another while
keeping your settings and preferences the way you like them? I spent
many hours doing up my panel menus, so am loathe to have to go through
all of that again.
Oh well. I get to enjoy Xfce4.2 on my laptop, so all is not lost!! :)

Cheers
/j