Unable to launch applications using panel.

Colin Alie calie at engmail.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Apr 11 16:09:45 CEST 2005

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 15:54:30 +0200 (CEST)
"Sjon" <xfce.org at spider007.net> wrote:

Hello,

> Does /var/log/messages say the same?

The error message is not contained in /var/log/messages or any other log files for that matter.

> And does `echo "65536" > /proc/sys/fs/file-max` fix it? What does `cat /proc/sys/fs/file-max` say before updating it?

`cat /proc/sys/fs/file-max` outputs "76370"

I am able to launch programs from a terminal, via the file manager (xffm), and using "Run Program..." from the desktop context menu.  Just not from the panel.

Until next time, Colin.