xfdesktop crash - no right click - no panel

Linux Master Jedi linuxmasterjedi at free.fr
Sat Apr 9 23:15:17 CEST 2005

I'm running Rocklinux 2.01, it's a king of LFS.
I fixed the problem, i removed .cache And .config in my ~
But xftaskbar4, xfce4-panel, xfdesktop crashed one more time, i restart them, seems ok now, but
still fragile.

Whatever, thanks for the help. if developpers needs more informations about this bug, they can
contact me.

See you

------------------------
Hello,

got a strange problem after a CTRL + ALT + BACKSPACE,
xfdesktop keep crashing each time i run startxfce4, so, i don't have a right click.
I tried to had this xfce menu on the Panel, and it crashed my panel too, so now, I'm without right
click and panel.
I decide to move my .config/ and restarted X, same problem.
To finish, i tried to upgrade from 4.2 to 4.2.1.1 and it's the same problem...
When i run xfdesktop, i have a "core dumped" immediately, same for "xfce4-panel"
I use Xfce 4.2 since 2 month without any problem.

  What OS are you running? Do you possibly have stale Xfce libs around
  from older installations?

Try running under GDB, see what you get.

that's all, if anyone got an information, please, help me.

Thanks by advance.

LMJ
Toulouse, France.