Multimedia keys!

KUTYLA Peggy peggy.kutyla at laposte.net
Fri Apr 1 12:04:41 CEST 2005

Le vendredi 01 avril 2005 à 12:48 +0400, Buck a écrit :
> Hello.
>
> Has anyone tried binding multimedia keys in the Window Manager? I
> can't seem to make this work - keys would neither get 'identified'
> (Window Manager just puts a blank space there) nor actually work. Any
> tricks I should employ to get them working?
>

> Buck

Hi Buck,

It seem your multimedia keys are not recognised.
Launch xev in a terminal and look at the output when typing a key.
You should find ...(keysym xxxx, Name)....
If you got (keysym 0x0, Nosymbol) for your multimedia keys, you'll have
to map them.

2 ways for doing this:
- using xmodmap to give a name to your key and then bind this key in
xbindkeys or in xfwm4. Google is your friend. I'm not using this.
- use lineak : http://lineak.sourceforge.net/ I think it's an easy way
to configure multimedia keys

Peggy Kutyla - peggy.kutyla at laposte.net
Linux Registered User 328488