Programs using X freeze while switching windows

Andrew Conkling andrewski at fr.st
Wed Sep 29 23:09:26 CEST 2004

Some time ago (probably on Wed, 29 Sep 2004 21:58:30 +0200)
Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org> had occasion to say the following:

> > (Who knew?)
>
> Sorry, that was widely discussedon the dev list (and I don't check the
> ML when replying quickly). Apologies.

No worries, I meant that as a whimsical "wow". :)

> I've been working very hard for a month now on this, to make it in
> 4.2, so I'm a bit "sensitive" on the compositor :)

Very cool; thanks for your efforts!

> compositor can be disabled from command line if needed
> (--disable-compositor), but it must be enabled at compile time (it's
> fairly new feature, safer to keep it disabled)
>
> See the COMPOSITOR file from the source tree for more details.

OK, since I'm using a Gentoo ebuild for my xfce-cvs packages, I'll have
to contact the person who made them to update those.  Thanks for
pointing me to the specific file.