Programs using X freeze while switching windows

Andrew Conkling andrewski at fr.st
Wed Sep 29 04:58:26 CEST 2004

Some time ago (probably on Tue, 28 Sep 2004 22:34:11 +0200)
Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org> had occasion to say the following:
> So what do you guys think, remove or keep the grab? I think we should
> remove it, it's not the first time we get such a feedback from the
> users(we even got a bug report  for that some times ago).

Assuming the question was open, I'd vote to keep it as-is and to provide
a hidden option.  There have only been a few cases in which people have
had this problem, and I say, "As long as it's documented, it's not
hidden."*

I'm with Brian; don't change just because the apps can't handle it.
However, if you must, here's a hidden option.

* Licensed under the GPL.