Iconbox Purpose?

Jack Coates jack at monkeynoodle.org
Sun Sep 12 05:22:20 CEST 2004

> On Sat, 11 Sep 2004, Jack Coates wrote:
>
>> There should be a meaningful icon, if the application provides one via
>> the
>> standard ways.
>
>    Thanks, Jack. A number of my applications (e.g., aterms, pine) don't
> provide such an image. Can one be provided for them?
>
> Rich

Unfortunately, to X these are all the same application (the terminal
emulator), so they all get the same icon. People have asked for the
ability to assign an icon, but it's always been shot down as a
non-standard extension.

Perhaps the best thing to do would be to ask the freedesktop.org folks or
the aterm authors for a standard --icon=whatever command line option.
--
Jack At Monkeynoodle.Org:  It's A Scientific Venture...
"Believe what you're told; there'd be chaos if everyone thought for