Iconbox Purpose?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Sep 11 15:47:10 CEST 2004

   While we've used Xfce-4 on the portables for a while, I'm still puzzled
about the intended purpose of the icon box. Unlike prior versions of xfce
which placed icons on the root window only for mimimized windows (and where
each icon had a descriptive image that indicated the application crushed
inside), this one seems to me to have no practical function.

   Each opened window adds a square to the tar, and they all look alike:
three blocks: red, orange and white. They are not diffeneiated. Clicking on
one moves it from its original desktop to the current desktop rather than
transferring the view to that location.

   Am I using this incorrectly? If the icon box has a purpose I have missed
understanding how it helps me.

Thanks,

Rich

--