Restoring desktops

purslow at sympatico.ca purslow at sympatico.ca
Sat Sep 11 03:07:26 CEST 2004

040910 Rich Shepard wrote:
> there was discussion when version 4 came out
> about having desktops populated by open applications
> just as they were when X was killed each time startx is run.
> I cannot find anything in the docs section of the Web site
> but want applications open and ready for me when I log in and startx.

AFAIK that feature was dropped in Xfce 4.0
& has been replaced by a separate session manager,
which wb part of Xfce 4.2 , due for release 0411xx .
i don't use it, but IIRC the session manager is available already
& you can compile it separately for use w 4.0.6 .

no doubt others will correct me, if i've got anything wrong.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : purslow at chass.utoronto.ca