'Cycle through windows' feature request

Sami Samhuri sami at no-eff-eks.com
Wed Sep 8 17:48:33 CEST 2004

* On Tue Sep-07-2004 at 06:36:28 PM +0200, Nikolas Arend said:
> On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 01:38:32PM +0200, Nikolas Arend
> <Nikolas.Arend at gmx.net> wrote:
>
> >It would be great, if there was an option to only cycle through those
> >windows on the desktop, that are currently not minimised. Now if you
> >start cycling using Alt-Tab, all windows get included in the cycle, even
> >those that were/are minimised.
> >When I minimise a window, then because I don't want to see it at the
> >moment. Other users maybe like the current behaviour, so it should be
> >optional.
>
> Same question here: does this have a chance to go into 4.2? This has been
> discussed and there's a patch already by Sami Samhuri (see earlier posts),
> but it doesn't seem to be in today's (20040907) CVS.

This is probably due to one of two things.

        1) Oliver doesn't like it.
or      2) Because I never followed through with the second patch I said
           I would write.

This might not be a good excuse for me not producing what I said I
would, but after I made the first patch and tried it I realized that I
did not like the feature as much as I thought I might.

--
Sami Samhuri