Cannot open firefox from link if it is already running

Chris Kacoroski kacoroski at comcast.net
Mon Sep 6 23:11:57 CEST 2004

I have this problem also.  Did not happen with mandrake and
thunderbird/firefox and kde.  Does happen with debian, xfce,
thunderbird/firefox

ski

Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> Bob Snyder wrote:
>

>> When I click on a link in an email, for example, firefox opens a new
>> tab, but the URL displayed is like this: file:///tmp/0qgcwitz-1.html.
>> Firefox has copied the whole page to my /tmp, and opened it from
>> there. Obviously the relative links don't work, but the absolute links
>> do.
>>
>> Does anyone else observe this behavior?
>>
>> Sorry, this has gotten kind of off-topic.
>>

> Thunderbird seems to be a bit broken. I have this too now, didnt used
> to. Anyway, instead of feeding it the link, TB downloads the file to
> /tmp and opens that with the browser.
>
>     Jasper

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it
  connected to the entire universe"            John Muir

Chris "Ski" Kacoroski, kacoroski at comcast.net, 435-681-0092