Cannot open firefox from link if it is already running

Matthew Young matthewyoung at linuxmail.org
Fri Sep 3 15:51:06 CEST 2004

I made a script to make installing firefox(thunderbird and sunbird too) nightly a snap.You can get it here.
http://www.mandrakeclub.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Splatt_Forum&file=viewtopic&topic=26413&forum=11&start=0

Just copy and past the script into a text file saving it a *.sh file then run it as root with sh *.sh and pick option 1 to install.It gets the latest nightly tar and installs it in /opt/mozilla.It even makes a backup incase the nightly you install is bad you can fix it easy(with option 2, if I remember believe).There is also a uninstall option too.I'm think about making a perl(taking a class in college) script instead of a bash script at some point so more people can use it.

This script saves me a lot of time.It can take me up to 7 mins to install by hand(not counting downloading,8 there).This script takes less then a second on my computer.