Stick Question.

Nikola Pizurica pizurica at neobee.net
Thu Sep 2 22:45:23 CEST 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-31 at 19:59 +0100, Dave Hope wrote:

> Users have suggested "Devilspie" (or, something like that) to provide a
> workaround for this but seeing as the ability to Stick windows exists in
> xfce anyway, I'd rather use the existing features.

I have borderless Eterm siiting on background present in all workspaces.
If you decide to use devilspie (bonus is that you can make it not to
show up in graphical pager and taskbar), this is what I have
in .devilspie.xml:

<flurb name="Eterm on all Desktops">
    <matchers>
      <matcher name="DevilsPieMatcherWindowName">
        <property name="application_name" value="Eterm"/>
      </matcher>
    </matchers>
    <actions>
      <action name="DevilsPieActionSetWorkspace">
        <property name="pinned" value="TRUE"/>
	</action>
	<action name="DevilsPieActionHide">
	<property name="skip_pager" value="TRUE"/>
	<property name="skip_tasklist" value="TRUE"/>
      </action>
    </actions>
  </flurb>

This will make it apear in all workspaces, and it doesn't show in
taskbar or graphical pager.

Nikola