xfmedia 0.3.0 released

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Sun Oct 31 12:51:38 CET 2004

hi all,

up until now, i've just been announcing my releases on xfce4-dev, but i
think xfmedia is mature enough for a slightly larger audience.

annnnyway, i've spent a lot of time today hacking on xfmedia, and with
the help of benny and matt, fixed a couple nasty deadlock issues.  i've
added a couple features here and there, and fixed a bunch of bugs.  we
just released xfce 4.2beta2, so i might as well put out a new release of
my own.

for those of you just joining us, xfmedia is a lightweight media player
based on libxine (http://xine.sf.net/).  it's designed primarily to play
music, and has a UI somewhat reminiscent of XMMS or winamp.  however,
due to its xine backend, it supports video quite well too.  xfmedia
requires a recent version of libxine (preferably one of the 1.0.0
release candidates) as well has libxfce4util and libxfcegui4 from
4.2beta1 or later (or CVS, of course).

you can find more information, and downloads, here:
http://spuriousinterrupt.org/projects/xfmedia/
if you find bugs, please email me personally, or, preferably, file bugs
at http://bugs.xfce.org/ under the xfmedia product.  if you'd like to
suggest features, please file enhancements on bugzilla.

enjoy!

    -brian