Missing icons on the settings dialog's buttons.

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Fri Oct 29 09:50:33 CEST 2004

Jasper Huijsmans wrote:

>On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 03:32:39PM +0800, - Kocil wrote:
>

>>Hi all.
>>
>>I compiled the BETA-1 myself.
>>But maybe I made mistake so some of the buttons on the the settings dialog
>>do not have icons (only blank buttons).
>>Please give me clues where should I looking at.
>>

>Hi, I've heard these reports before and I'm not sure they were solved. Could
>you please tell me which ones are missing?
>
>IIRC the issue could be solved by installing librsvg.

this is a really crappy situation, IMHO.  there is no reason to use SVG
icons, since they don't need to be scaled.  there should also be a
fallback icon included in the binary itself via gdk-pixbuf-csource.

as to the cause of this, it's hard to say.  did you not install the
xfce4-icon-theme package?  that'll do it.  i think we should just bite
the bullet, put a .pc file in xfce4-icon-theme, and then have
libxfcegui4 depend on it.  thoughts?

    -brian