Xfce icons

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Thu Oct 28 19:24:55 CEST 2004

On 10/28/04 10:44, Andrew Conkling wrote:
> Mailing list,
> I'm trying to make a theme for the icons in the Settings Manager, but
> they just don't seem to be replaced.  Edscott told me that perhaps I'd
> have to replace the hicolor folders, but I don't really want to do that.
>  Must it be changed and can it be?

the settings manager icons are themed using normal system icon themes,
so the best thing to do would be to create a new icon theme that has just
the icons you want in it, and then have it inherit from another theme
for the rest of its icons via an entry in index.theme.  then, after you
install it, you can select your new theme in the UI settings manager.  this
is a bit out of scope of xfce discussion, so i suggest you have a look at
the icon theme spec over at freedesktop.org (or just poke around in
/usr/share/icons on your system).

	-brian