Sorry for mail's subject, please reads "XFCE and Aurox linux"

Tue Oct 26 14:40:11 CEST 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 06:44, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> Doesn't it say in the magazine?
>
> Never heard of it, but the 10.0 kinda points to Mandrake. You probably can't
> really say that just from a version number though.
>
> Try finding their website or look on ditrowatch.org.
>
> 	Jasper
>
> On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 01:33:53PM +0200, S?bastien Boetsch wrote:
> > Ouuups, I forgot to replace the subject!

As they say, timing is everything.

I just happened to be reading pclinuxonline.com and there is a link to a
review of Aurox posted there
(http://www.linuxforums.org/news/article-26572.html)

Aurox (http://www.aurox.org/en/) appears to be based upon Fedora, so in
theory, FC RPMS would be the way to go.

>From what I am reading, Aurox is using the 2.6.7 kernel, which would be
the default in FC 2, though FC 2 is now using 2.6.8 after updates.

Note that I say to use FC RPMS "in theory", since there is always the
possibility that something in Aurox has been tweaked. Also keep in mind,
that the FC 2 default installation of Xfce was broken and required some
user intervention to get it to work properly:

http://fedoranews.org/contributors/diego_figueroa/xfce/

HTH,

Marc Schwartz