No taskbar, no lil star iconbox

Rick King mooncat at nightprowler.net
Tue Oct 26 11:48:51 CEST 2004

I really like XFCE4, but i have a couple of problems with it.  For one, the taskbar won't display at the top or bottom of the screen no matter how i set it.  The second is that the icon box isn't appearing either.  As a workaround, I have selected the task bar option in the panel.  What file is it that i have to beat senseless in order for these items to appear?
Other than those two small issues, I really like it.  It's quick, light and has all the things like the weather applet that gnome has that I find useful.  The weather applet on this is much much nicer than the one gnome has.
If anyone has ever run into problems with those two items, any input on how to get them working would be greatly appreciated.