gvim starts slightly off-screen

Gianluca Turconi luctur at comeg.it
Fri Oct 22 14:52:12 CEST 2004

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 14:16:59 -0400
Andrew Conkling <andrewski at fr.st> wrote:

> I'm having some trouble with gvim.  If I have a window open at the top
> of the screen (often a terminal), xfwm4 opens gvim at the bottom, but
> it opens around 5 pixels off-screen.  Where might the problem lie?  I
> wouldn't really be complaining about this except that it's vim, so the
> bottom line is rather important. :-)

BTW, every time I change a xfwm4 theme, and then open a GTK2 application
like Sylpheed-Claws or Bluefish, their window title bar is completely
shift off screen without remembering both dimention and position. I have
to resize them and everything goes OK.

It's strange, because with KDE applications doesn't happen.

Regards,

Gianluca
--
Lo zoppo Androclide, spartano, avrebbe risposto a chi gli chiedeva di
quale utilità potesse essere un soldato menomato: "Non fa per voi gente