a Minimized application shows no icon on my desktop?

Ondrej Mihalyi mihalyi at matfyz.cz
Fri Oct 22 14:27:40 CEST 2004

xfce4 doesn't show minimized applications on desktop, you have tools like xfce4-iconbox or xftaskbar4 to manage minimized applications.

If you like applications minimized to desktop, try using rox-filer as desktop manager (run it with special option like "rox-filer -desktop" or whatever at the beginning of your session).  It's a good tool, I'm using it myself as a file manager together with mc.

Hope my advice would help :)

Ondrej