session

Sergey Manucharyan serge at bonbon.net
Fri Oct 22 08:53:22 CEST 2004

Hi Brian!

> i recall that there used to be another shutdown method that didn't use
> sudo but didn't work right either on some systems.  i thought it was
> removed though.  how old is your copy of the session manager?
Yes, in previous session managers there were no "commented out" entries.
But even if I run xfce as root now I can't shutdown without sudo. I'm
recalling a mechanism with shutdown.allow file. Doesn't it work now?
I don't think it's convinient to enter a password for shutting down a
regular workstation.

Regards,
Sergey