gvim starts slightly off-screen

purslow at sympatico.ca purslow at sympatico.ca
Thu Oct 21 22:55:59 CEST 2004

041021 Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> Andrew Conkling wrote:
>> I'm having some trouble with gvim.
>> If I have a window open at the top of the screen (often a terminal),
>> xfwm4 opens gvim at the bottom, but it opens around 5 pixels off-screen.
> Yeah, I have this too. I think it has always been there, hasn't it?

no problem here with Gvim, even with a terminal already on the screen.
it always opens  c 1 line  above the bottom of the screen
& i can adjust the height downwards with middle-click on the maximise button,
which also restores the original height (not that that's helpful to do).
it's the same in 4.0.6 & 4.1.90 .

> There are several other programs that map an initial window
> and than resize as the contents are filled in (emacs, eog)

the application i have a problem with in this respect is Kview,
which always opens a bit too wide for the screen,
perhaps due to the panel taking up a thin slice on the left.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : purslow at chass.utoronto.ca