gvim starts slightly off-screen

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Thu Oct 21 20:40:35 CEST 2004

Andrew Conkling wrote:
> I'm having some trouble with gvim.  If I have a window open at the top
> of the screen (often a terminal), xfwm4 opens gvim at the bottom, but it
> opens around 5 pixels off-screen.  Where might the problem lie?  I
> wouldn't really be complaining about this except that it's vim, so the
> bottom line is rather important. :-)

Yeah, I have this too. I think it has always been there, hasn't it? I
had discarded it as a bug in gvim ;-)

There are several other programs that map an initial window and than
resize as the contents are filled in (emacs, eog) This sounds nice,
except xfwm4 is fast enough to place and decorate the initial window, so
after resizing the window may no longer fit the screen.

Don't know if it's possible to prevent this, but I don't really think so.

	Jasper