Let's advertise Xfce!

Gianluca Turconi luctur at comeg.it
Wed Oct 20 12:42:55 CEST 2004

Sergey Manucharyan wrote:
> Hello, Gianluca!
>
> I like your idea.
> Let's see what we can do.
> Do you already have real plans?

[...]

Well, firstly, I'll try to build up the marketing network by
consolidating the number of people who have offered their help.

So, can you and others contact me privately so that I can see if we need
a mailing list or not?

You should use an email address that can circulate in CC with others. In
this way we'll exactly know which zones are covered and we'll be able to
write down. Initially this is enough, IMHO.

Then I was thinking to gather press contacts' addresses and volunteers'
names who are willing to keep open the communication with them by
sending release and other notes in their own language. People who will
do the translations may be not the same ones who will contact press and
other media. However, for the time being I think it will be so.

Next step is to create news with which to feed press... ;-)

I was thinking about a press release for Xfce 4.2.

It should include:

1) What Xfce project's goals are
2) What Xfce 4.2 will propose, for the new user
3) What the difference between Xfce 4.0.x and 4.2 are, for the
experienced Xfce user.

Here, we need:

a) experienced users (of course!)
b) some core developers who have time to give hints
c) a good native English speaker to write the note that will be
translated into other languages.

We may discuss any further initiative (like presentations, expos, etc),
  create standard material and provide it to those who will act there.

We just need to be a bit creative! :)

Regards,

Gianluca
--
Lo zoppo Androclide, spartano, avrebbe risposto a chi gli chiedeva di
quale utilità potesse essere un soldato menomato: "Non fa per voi gente