[Call for help] Let's advertise Xfce project and product!

Adriano Winter Bess adrianob at linhalivre.net
Wed Oct 20 02:21:11 CEST 2004

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 10:05:50AM +0200, Gianluca Turconi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to organize a group of people who are willing to collaborate
> with the Xfce project by spreading knowledge about its existence.

Talking about spreading knowledge about Xfce, I guess you might have
already heard about FISL (it's the acronym for "International Free
Software Forum" in portuguese). It's a large annual event about Free
Software which has been taking place in Brazil in the last years.

Many important free software projects have already participated in
this forum, like OpenOffice, Gnome, LTSP, and *many* others. Besides
presenting free software projects, the forum also serves do discuss
other related topics such as the free software philosofy, copyright
(and copyleft!), software patents, digital inclusion in the society,
etc.

There used to be an english version for the page of the last Forum,
but it's not working anymore (I've already contacted the responsibles
to see if they can bring it up again). Anyway, the portuguese page is
still at:

http://www.softwarelivre.org/forum2004

It would be great if we could present Xfce in the next Forum next
year.

Adriano
--
Adriano Winter Bess