Keyboard mapping

Chris Green chris at areti.co.uk
Tue Oct 19 09:40:56 CEST 2004

I have a (minor) problem using Firefox under xfce.  I'm used to CTRL/U
deleting the contents of a field when entering text but this doesn't
work for Firefox on my Linux system at home.  It *does* work using
the same version of Firefox on my Solaris system at work.  It also
*does* work using Mozilla on my home Linux system.

I asked in one of the mozilla newsgroups and got the following
answer:-

    sounds like you are using GNOME.  if so, you need to change your global
    keybindings for GNOME.  firefox now inherits those keybindings.

    in the "Keyboard Shortcuts" preferences panel, select "Emacs" in the
    "Text editing shortcuts" pull-down menu.

... but I'm using xfce.  Is there an equivalent to Gnome's "global
keybindings" in xfce?

(It's xfce 4.x by the way, not 4.1 yet though)

--
Chris Green (chris at areti.co.uk)

    "Never ascribe to malice, that which can be explained by incompetence."