[ANN] xfce4-taskbar-plugin 0.2.0

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Sun Oct 17 00:06:31 CEST 2004

Juha Kautto wrote:

> Andre,
>
> Great ! Very usefull.
>
> But there is one minor feature which works differently compared to all
> other plugins: When you press Button 3 all other plugins start the
> standard panel configuration menu. But taskbar plugin starts that menu
> only if it is empty or I hit the very narrow border and usually starts
> the window action menu instead. On the other hand button 2 does not
> seem to have any function. So at least to me it would be easier if
> button 2 would raise the window action menu and button 3 the panel menu.

IIRC, the task list widget doesn't let you change the mouse button that
brings up the menu.  not is it easy to change which button brings up the
panel menu (it may not be possible, actually).  what i'd suggest, is to
add a small "grab-handle" type thing to the left edge of the widget, so
you have something like this (greatly enlarged):

so when you right-click on the little vertical bar on the right, you get
the panel menu, and right-clicking on the individual task items gives
you the window menu.

    -brian