saving desktop

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Thu Oct 14 23:05:56 CEST 2004

Hi

On Thu, 2004-10-14 at 14:14 -0700, David Darr wrote:
> I'm new to xfce -- just migrated from kde a week ago. I am quite sure that
> this is a trivial question but so far I've been unable to locate the
> solution in the documentation or in the archives for this list. How does
> one save one's desktop from one login to another? kde now does this
> automatically, without, asking and gnome has a button on the logout menu
> but I've seen no way to save my desktop in xfce. Sure this exists?

In Xfce 4.0, there is no session manager. Some distributions included
the first version of Benny session manager but that code was never
officially released.

In (upcoming) Xfce 4.2, Benny has made a brand new version of his
session manager that works a lot better (IMHO).

So, to make it short, in 4.0, nothing "official", in 4.2 it's perfectly
supported.

HTH
Cheers,
Olivier.