GarXfce4 for CVS?

Nikolas Arend Nikolas.Arend at gmx.net
Wed Oct 13 17:53:50 CEST 2004

Andrew Conkling wrote:

>I really like the idea of Brian Tarricone's GarXfce4:
>http://spuriousinterrupt.org/projects/garxfce4/index.php.  However, I'd
>like to be able to install the latest CVS head this way; would that be
>possible?

Hi,

maybe you could also give xfce4_build_sh a try. I put it on my website
recently, but haven't had any feedback so far. It is also capable of
building rpm, deb and slackware binary packages (using the epm package
manager from http://www.easysw.com/epm/). Fetch it at
http://hobbes.gmxhome.de (get the latest version). I use it on a daily
basis for compiling latest CVS, building rpms and installing them and it
works quite well for me. deb and slackware package building and
installation have had not so much testing. Building those packages seems
to work on my system, which is a Fedora Core 2. Of course I didn't
install them, since I'm rpm-based.

Regards,   Nick