Window borders very large

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Oct 11 19:42:48 CEST 2004

   My installation is xfce-4.0.6 on Slackware-10.0 and is viewed on a 17" LCD
monitor at 1280x1024 pixel resolution.

   Certain applications -- which use their own windows and do not run in a
virtual terminal -- have very large menu bars. For example, LyX. The text is
the same size as it used to be under xfce-3.8.18 on a crt monitor running at
1024x768 pixel resolution, but the window borders are much wider. I'm
running the same version of LyX so I suppose this is an xfce issue.

   Is there a command that will make the window borders smaller on
applications such as LyX, OpenOffice.org, VMware and others?

TIA,

Rich

--
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President