Minor issues with xffm from Xfce 4.2 beta

Gianluca Turconi luctur at comeg.it
Mon Oct 11 09:32:10 CEST 2004

Hi *,

I send this message for the second time because the gmane moderation
system seems to have lost it somewhere...

However, here the issues:

I'm trying to get accustomed to the new xffm GUI, but I have some
minor issues:

a) I've installed the latest release candidate of FireFox (with
installer) and when I double click on an html file in xffm, the browser
comes up but it adds the usual prefix www to any local page so that it
cannot reach them via the Internet and pops up an error dialog. Let's
say I have a local page called mypage.html, the browser started from
xffm returns this error: www.mypage.html cannot be find. check the name
and try again. Really annoying. I suppose it depends on xffm because if
I right click on that same page and choose to open it with firefox, I
can see it locally.
I've tried to use this script too:

#!/bin/sh

export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME="/opt/firefox-builds/current"

url="$1"
if [ "x$url" = "x" ]; then
  url="about:blank"
fi

if $MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME/mozilla-xremote-client openURL\("$url"\); then
  exit 0
fi
exec $MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME/firefox "$url"

it worked in xffm 4.0.x but now it creates the same problem described
above.

b) what is the best way to create a symbolic link in two different
directories by using the two panes view in xffm?
I've tried to drag and drop it by holding down the Shift and/or Alt key,
but the file is copied or moved.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Gianluca