Binding commands to RMB

Den ís Fernández Cabrera denis at glug.es
Fri Oct 8 19:48:00 CEST 2004

Hello,

This is my first posting, so I'll drop a few lines to introduce myself:

I'm (as you may have guessed) Denís Fernández Cabrera -- aka in some
forums as Gatonegro --, galizan physics student, free software user,
member of the GLUG (Galizan GNU/Linux Users' Group, http://www.glug.es)
and amateur graphic designer (http://gatonegro.co.nr).

I'm using XFce4 because it is fast, lean, and it packs a good usability (I
can't live without the mouse-wheel window shading, or middle-mouse-button
window lowering, not to mention window-snapping and a few other XFce4
features). I complement it with other programs for enhanced enviroment --
ROX for file navigation and desktop management, Gkrellm2 for monitoring,
Devilspie, Thinglaunch and -- my latest addition -- Apwal
(http://apwal.free.fr).

Apwal is a popup launcher. I dislike bars and pannels (have XFce's one
deactivated) because they take screen space to be useful, yet most of the
time they serve for nothing there. I don't like root menus either, because
they require access to the desktop. CLI launchers such as Thinglaunch are
a good option, but they still require typing in the commands. So Apwal
seems nice enough (if the buttons could be selected via keys it would be
great, but I guess nothing is perfect).

Apwal is launched via the appropiate `apwal` command in a shell. The
author suggests to bind it to the RMB (right mouse button) window manager
event, and shows how to do so in Sawfish and Enlightenment. I have fiddled
a bit with keybinding in XFce4, and have my own bindings set (I can launch
Apwal through Control+Alt+a, for instance), but can't seem to bind the
RMB.

¿Does anyone know how to do this? I'd be grateful for any help.

Saúde,
Denís.

#       Denís Fernández Cabrera       #
#  Correo, Jabber:   <denis at glug.es>  #