Dual X displays - separate font settings possible?

Fri Oct 8 00:58:31 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-07 at 16:43, Chris Greenman wrote:
> Well if you're running in "clone" mode then I would have to say
> definitely no.  If it's what I'm thinking it is, all that does is just
> split the video signal to 2 different monitors.  You're still only
> running one display and only one set of resources.
>

> Chris

Chris,

I am using the term 'clone' based upon what I have seen elsewhere, as an
alternative to xinerama mode.

I have two separate physical displays, upon each of which I have an
independent set of virtual desktops (which raises another question that
I will pose back in a reply to the recent thread on multi-head and
multiple panels...).

The two displays show different apps, etc. They are not simply
duplicates or mirrors of each other as might be the case with a simple
split signal, such as I would have using the lcd/crt hot key on my
laptop. Indeed, in this configuration, the laptop lcd/crt hotkey is
disabled.

The xorg.conf configuration was based upon notes that I found here:

http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~rbirdman/monitor.html

and the xorg.conf he has referenced on that page.

Hope that clarifies.

Marc