Problem using keyboard to change xfwm4 shortcuts (4.1.90)

Sami Samhuri sami at no-eff-eks.com
Wed Oct 6 18:14:13 CEST 2004

* On Wed Oct-06-2004 at 11:09:30 AM +0200, Jean-Fran?ois Wauthy said:
> Le mercredi 06 octobre 2004 ? 08:15 +0200, Jean-Fran?ois Wauthy a ?crit :
> > Le mardi 05 octobre 2004 ? 23:12 -0700, Sami Samhuri a ?crit :
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > hi
> > > I've been running 4.1.90 since it came out, it's great.
> > >
> > > One bug I've found is that when editing keyboard bindings for xfwm4,
> > > if I press <RET> to change a shortcut then it picks up the <RET>
> > > key_release event and assigns that to the shortcut. Maybe ignoring a
> > > lone <RET> would suffice; who would bind that to anything anyways?
> > >
> finally i think it's a not a bad thing, somebody can one day use a CTRL
> +ALT+RET for some shortcut, if i make the shortcuteditor ignoring the
> RET it won't be possible... thus i'll keep thing as they are.

I agree C-RET, etc. could definitely be useful, but the current
behaviour is quite broken as you can _only_ assign a shortcut to RET,
unless you use the mouse and double-click to initiate the change. I
would rather CTRL-N down the list and hit RET to edit a shortcut. If I
do that now it assign RET to the shortcut.

> > > If I should just file a bug, let me know and I'll get on it.
> > >
> > yes please, otherwise i may forget it...

I will file a bug, and hopefully attach a patch to that bug soon.

> > > I only had time to glance at the code, didn't see an obvious elegant
> > > solution.  Maybe next week when I have time... 2 midterms this Friday.
> > > :\
> > >
> > if you want to take a look it's in cb_compose_dialog_key_release in
> > xfwm4_shortcuteditor.c

Cheers,

--
Sami Samhuri