Newbie questions

Alberto Manuel Brandao Simoes albie at alfarrabio.di.uminho.pt
Tue Oct 5 19:28:49 CEST 2004

Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> Hi Alberto,
>
> On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 18:12 +0100, Alberto Manuel Brandao Simoes wrote:
>
>>Just changed today from gnome 2.6 to xfce. I'm liking it.
>

> You don't need to "drop" GNOME, Xfce and GNOME have a lot to share and I
> use a lot of GNOME apps with Xfce.

Yes, the idea was to use gnome apps, of course. Just to have a quicker
desktop.

>>1) how do I remove a key association to a given window manager action?
> In the WM setting, there is a tab for managing keyboard shortcuts.

Yes, I know. but suppose C-p is associated to some action and I want to
associate no key to that action. How do I remove it?

>>2) is there any wireless monitor for the taskbar?
> I really don't understand what you mean... Sorry. Could you elaborate?

Yeah, the question was not very good :)
I mean, I use wireless at home, and (who knows why) the physical place
where I work most is almost at the end of the wifi radius. When using
gnome, I used the wireless-link monitor. I would like to maintain such a
thing with xfce.

Thanks

Alberto
--
Alberto Simões

Much as I hate to say it, the Computer Science view of language design
has gotten too inbred in recent years. The Computer Scientists should
pay more attention to the Linguists, who have a much better handle on
how people prefer to communicate.
             --Larry Wall