Latest Fedora Xorg and the compositor

Nikolas Arend Nikolas.Arend at gmx.net
Tue Oct 5 12:53:24 CEST 2004

Olivier Fourdan wrote:

>Hi
>
>NVidia cards with closed source drivers for Linux  can do xrender in
>hardware and that  dramatically improve things. I don't know about other
>brands.
>
>See the "COMPOSITOR" fril from xfwm4 source.

Thanks for the reply, but

1. I don't have a NVidia card :-(
2. I did read the COMPOSITOR file (and all the others ;-)
3. Unfortunately you didn't answer my actual question about how to
    configure the desktop look'n'feel using the compositor ;-)

If your time permits, I'd appreciate a short post on that.

Thanks in advance,
Nick