The compositor

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Fri Oct 1 00:17:58 CEST 2004

I guess performance should be fairly identical. My main concern is
stability of the X server, it's the third crash tonite...

HW accelereted render causes lockups (with the X process eating 99% of
the CPU) while SW render simply crashes the X server after a while (15
minutes or so) or under high use (like running xcreensaver-demo).

The problem is that xcompmgr shows the exact same behaviour so I doubt
it's a problem with xfwm4's compositor...

Cheers,
Olivier.

 - Olivier Fourdan - fourdan at xfce.org - http://www.xfce.org -